Monday, September 30, 2013

31 days of Halloween

   When I was a teenager I LOVED slasher flicks.  I used to love watching anything that scared the shit out of me and I would constantly watch anything ghost, witch, exorcism, serial killer, etc related.  When I moved out on my own, scary movies were not so much part of my routine unless I was watching with someone else.  Even then, I'd still be paranoid as a motherfucker.
   I used to always want to watch scary movies to get me in the mood for Halloween, yet never did because well, I'm a chickenshit.  Granted, my husband and I have lived together for 5 years but I still rarely watch scary movies.
   This year, this year is different.  I have made a plan to watch one scary movie each day, whether I watch it alone or with my husband.  I'm also going to watch a few episodes of American Horror Story in addition to my movie list.
   I'm not going all Willy Nilly and just watching whatever suits my fancy, I actually went through Netflix and my own DVD collection and picked out movies that I have never seen (with the exception of one).  Most movies are pretty new (who knew so many scary flicks made in the last 3-4 years?) and there are a few classics.
   I've decided that I'm going to blog about these movies and just talk a bit about my paranoia and whatnot.  I mean, it can't be that bad can it?  I mean, I read scary books on occasion and we all know that books are far more detailed and scary than movies (what's scarier than an active imagination?).
   I'm using a mix or horror and thriller genre movies.  The first movie I'm going to watch is Nosferatu which I've never seen before but have seen many documentaries on.  I'm pretty effing stoked.  With me publicly proclaiming this, I feel I'm more apt to stick to it.
 Thirty-One movies.  Thirty-One days.  I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment