Wednesday, October 16, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Days 13, 14 and 15

   I promise you, I am NOT trying to be a slacker.  I've been under the weather the last few days so I've mostly been resting.  I've still watched my movies and been keeping up with that, just not feeling up to sitting at a computer and blog about them because moving hurts.

   So on Sunday The Walking Dead premiered and of course my husband and I watched that.  I LOOOVE Norman Reedus.  Then after that I watched The Awakening  which had my attention solely based on the title and the eerie looking woman.  I wondered if it had anything to do with Kate Chopin's and each time I passed it by while looking for movies, I grew more and more intrigued so I added it to my list.
   It was nothing like Kate Chopin's however, it was pretty creepy.  I'm not going to say I LOVED this movie or that I'd watch it again, but I'm not telling you this movie is a complete waste of time.  I liked it for what it was and the acting was pretty good too.  Nothing like that crappy Whaley House movie.
   Yesterday I decided to watch a good ol' classic with one of my favorite actors: Charade with the gorgeous Cary Grant.  I've only ever seen the ending of the movie and that was many years ago.  I love how dramatic Audrey Hepburn is and I also loved seeing Cary Grant in color.  What more can I say?  I love classics.
   Tonight I watched Rise of the Zombies with Danny Trejo and Ethan Suplee.  It made me feel good to see Ethan Suplee going from derpy fatty (My Name is Earl) to military hero since I've had a crush on him since his Boy Meets World days.  Mariel Hemingway was in this too and I can't remember if she was a good actress of not because she was shitting in this movie.  I'm pretty sure that was on purpose, the effects were pretty funny too.  You just have to watch it to know what I'm talking about.  I was interested in this movie throughout the entire thing despite the shoddy acting by M.H.  It had Levar Burton and French Stewart to pick up the slack.

   I've also finished the first Season of American Horror Story which I'm pretty sure is one of the creepiest tv shows I've ever watched.  Especially since we've had weird activity in this house... also today, the dogs treats fell into the trash can on their own and they were solidly sitting on the cat tree where we have them, no cats or dogs were around when I heard the crash.  So yeah, fuck you, scary movies. :|  But I'll continue on my quest to watch 31 scary movies.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment